Saturday, April 12, 2014

New to blogging!

I have been inspired by so many other runner/bloggers that I felt compelled to start my own page and share my own experiences with the blogging world.

I've been running since January 2011 and have since run countless 5Ks, a handful of 10Ks, 5 10-milers, 5 half-marathons, and 2 marathons.  I am still slow, and more than a little chubby!  My #1 goal right now is consistency, and I'm hoping that blogging will help with that.

I've just started my spring break "staycation" and I hope to not only get my new blog up and running, but also to lock down some new fitness routines.  First and foremost - RUNNING!  I've fallen off the wagon a bit since March began - can I blame the horrid winter that wouldn't end?  I'm running the Nike Women's Half in DC in 2 weeks, and I definitely am not as prepared as I had hoped to be.  Which reminds me...I need to get in a 12 mile long run today!!!!  I should have headed out early this am, but decided to relish in the first day of vacation, sleep in, and be a bit of a bum!  Now it looks like I'll be running an evening long run around my boring neighborhood - and around, and around, and around - to get the miles in.  Maybe my pooch, Roxy will join me for a loop.

I will report back later on how it went, and also add a race recap of the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler that I ran last Sunday!

I know I don't have any readers yet, but here's to a new blogging adventure!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment